- Shim the gears before installation! Very important. Make sure the sector gear does not reach the gear sensors, otherwise the gear sensors will be damaged.
- Remove these two wires if you are not using gel ball gearbox.
4. Paste the PVC stickerson the surface of DTU PCB to prevent electric leakage
5. Find these two adhesive rubber pads in the accessory package. Remove the yellow paper from the back.
6. Stick the rubber pads on the pins and let the pins go through them.
7. Disassemble the gearbox and remove all parts.
8. These 3 parts are no longer needed. Remove them.
9. To start the installation of DTU, put the bottom board into the gearbox first. When installing, pay attention to that the screw column of the gearbox needs to be aligned with the screw hole of the bottom board.
If there is a compatibility problem, it is recommended to modify the gearbox first, so that the bottom board can be installed into the gearbox smoothly.
10. Check whether the components on the back of PCB will affect the installation, if so, please modify the gearbox first.
11. Fine the screw washer, put it in the position.
14. The sensors position can be found through the manual.
15. Make sure the other side of the gearbox is compatible with the DTU top board, if not modify it.
16. Check whether the top boardcan be leveled against the gear If not, it is recommended to modify the gearbox first.
17. Put everything back into the gearbox, except 3 parts in step 8. Make sure the trigger does not touch the DTU.
18. Insert the top boardand make sure the rubber pads are relaxed. They will only be squeezed when the other side of the gearbox is installed.
19. Clean the gearbox and gears, and use less gear oil as far as possible, so as not to pollute the sensorsand affect the normal operation of DTU. After confirming that there is no problem, install the other side of gearbox and tighten the screws.
20. Find the white stickers in the accessory package.
21. Take down a piece and post it on selector plate, close to the red line.
22.Put it back in the gearbox.
23. If you are using a gel ball gearbox, solder these two wires and pay attention to the order of the wires.
24. After correct installation, when theselector plate is in SAFE position by default setting, the trigger can still be pulled, but the DTU will not react. When the selector plate is in SEMI-AUTO or FULL-AUTO position, the DTU will react.
25. The DTU will not work correctly if the SECTOR GEAR is not running. Make sure the grip and the motor are connected to the gearbox, and the sector gear is running when the motor is activated.
26. After the gearbox is correctly installed into the receiver, beeps can be heard when switching selector. If not, the installation is wrong, the selector sensors may be damaged or the white sticker may be pasted in wrong position or fall off, it is recommended to disassemble the gearbox for troubleshooting.
27. If you only get a SAFE function and a SEMI-AUTO function without FULL-AUTO function after the gearbox is installed into the receiver, the position of the white sticker on the selector plate should be not correct, it indicated that the full-auto sensor can not be activated when the selector plate is in the FULL-AUTO position. Move the white sticker to the left 1-2mm until the functions are normal.
28. If you only get a SEMI-AUTO function and a FULL-AUTO function without SAFE function after the gearbox is installed into the receiver, the position of the white sticker on the selector plate should be not correct, it indicated that the semi-auto or full-auto sensor can still be activated when the selector plate is in the SAFE position. Move the white sticker to the right 1-2mm until the functions are normal.
If your selector plate is not black, blackening this area of the white sticker by 1-2mm can achieve the same effect.